So, I’ve made mention of the fact that one of my favorite things about blogging has been meeting so many wonderful people! The blogging community is really amazing, y’all. It’s one of the most supportive communities I’ve had the honor of being a part of. We all care for one another, encourage one another, help one another, and want to see one another succeed.
There’s this super fun challenge happening right now that’s a great way for bloggers to get to know each other a little better and for our super duper amazing readers get to know us a little better too! Nicole from Relatable Red (who btw has definitely become one of my blogger besties! So glad I met her!) nominated me, along with 10 other bloggers, for this super fun 11 questions game! So, I answer the 11 questions that she asked and then I nominate 11 new blogger friends to answer 11 new questions that I come up with! So here goes!
The 11 questions that Nicole asked me.
1. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure food?
Okay. SO. My favorite guilty pleasure food is Flammin’ Hot Cheetos. They’re so good! But to be fair, I could live on buffalo wings and Oreos for the rest of my life but that’s no secret, so they’re not really “guilty” pleasures-they’re just my honest pleasures, hahaha.
2. Where do you get inspiration from for your blog and Instagram?
I mostly get inspiration from other bloggers. What I love about bloggers is seeing unique individuals with their own styles. I especially love it when there’s a really popular item and you get to see it styled in totally different ways! Some of my all time fave bloggers are Damsel in Dior, Carrie Bradshaw Lied, Sazan Hendrix, Mary Orton, Lovely Luciano, Happily Grey, and Lauren Kay Sims.
3. What goals (personally or blog related) do you have for the rest of 2017?
Most of my personal goals are fitness related. I’m mostly trying to tone my arms and bum lately, hehe. My blog goals are very specific (regarding Instagram engagement, growing my email list, etc.) but my overarching goal is to hopefully begin earning money by the end of the year!
4. What is one song you know absolutely every word to?
Um like a million songs. My hubby (and my parents because they had to live with me too) will tell you that I sing my lungs out in the shower and in my car. But I think the most fun one that I know all of the words to is “California Love” by 2Pac. My girl Becca and I totally did a lip synch video to this song in high school. And before you ask, yes, it was awesome.
5. What/where is something that makes you happiest?
Okaaaaay, so I know this is like grossly corny but nothing other than my husband crossed my mind when I thought of how to answer this. He’s my guy. He makes me laugh every day, he’s my biggest supporter and encourager, he knows just what I need to hear (even if I don’t want to hear it), and we just have a freaking blast together all the time. He’s my best friend in the whole wide world! And wherever he is, is where I’m happiest. “Home is where the heart is.”
6. What is your favorite accessory/makeup product?
MY MASCARA! If I could only use one makeup product for the rest of my life it would undoubtedly be mascara. My personal favorite is Dior Show (in brown—I’m weird and hate using black eye makeup).
7. How did you start blogging, and has your main focus changed direction?
I’ve followed fashion blogs for years. And I follow even more bloggers on Instagram. I’ve just always loved fashion blogs! For the last several years, I’ve thought that I would really enjoy having a blog of my own but I was either really busy finishing school, planning our wedding, or moving halfway up the east coast. I started to seriously consider it in the fall of last year (post graduation, wedding, and move) and Charlie was like “why don’t you just do it then?” I get to use all of my favorite creative skills and I’m getting to use the fashion side of business that I went to school for, so it’s totally fulfilling to me! My direction hasn’t changed a bit. I started the blog with the intention of turning it into a business (full disclosure) and that remains my goal!
8. Favorite sappy rom-com?
This is a tough one! I’m actually not big on rom-coms and I’m having a total brain fart to even think of any. Okay, I’m going to be honest. I just googled rom-coms. And in the multitude of lists that I found, I saw “When Harry Met Sally” and thought “that’s the one!” Ugh, such a great movie!!
9. What are your tips for time managing your life & a blog?
Set goals that you can turn into a to-do list! It’s so easy to be like “oh I want to do this, this and this to improve my blog” (I literally do it all the time). And one of two things happen. You either get in a research rut and don’t do any of it because you’re too busy researching it (SO guilty of this) orrrr you try to tackle too many things at once. Either way it ends up eating up so much of your time! No matter if your blog is your hobby, your side hustle, or your full time gig, you have to give yourself personal time outside of it so that it doesn’t drain you. If you set goals and make a to-do list, it allows you to prioritize what you want to tackle on a daily basis. That way you can check things off your list and then enjoy cooking dinner with your husband, going to the gym, or whatever else you want to do in your free time!
10. Top 3 places on your travel bucketlist.
- Everywhere else. Is that cheating? Hehe.
11. Your mantra you live by (believe me, I don’t really have one either… lol, but it could be as easy as something you try to remember every day!)
So this hasn’t always been my mantra, but since starting The Savvy Camel, I am definitely living by the words “dreams don’t work unless you do.” And it’s funny that as I sit here and write those words that I need this reminder. Like anything in life, my blog ebbs and flows. My passion and excitement for it never waiver, but sometimes I get discouraged, or busy, or even content in where I’m at so I let myself coast for a bit. But that’s not how it works! So when I notice myself coasting, I just remind myself that it’s time to take the next step and put in more work!
The 11 blogger pals that I’m nominating.
- Ariana from Silver Feather Studios
- Brielle from The Gilded Bellini
- Hal from Hair by Hal
- Kan from The Kan of Kandeur
- Katelyn from Katelyn Sailor
- Katie from The Roe Market
- Khoi from Gentleman Within
- Nathania from Her Nattiness
- Rachel from Double Shot of Style (under construction and can’t wait to see!)
- Swati from Glossy Cocktail
- Vy from District Vy
The 11 questions I’m asking.
- What song would you choose to be your life’s theme song?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Favorite sweet treat?
- If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Who is/are someone that you consider your biggest supporter(s) in life?
- Where is the next place you hope to travel to?
- What has been your biggest challenge in blogging and how are you overcoming it?
- If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
- Proudest accomplishment in life so far?
- What is one of the biggest leaps of faith you’ve taken in your life?
- Biggest pet peeve?
Everyone be sure to check out these lovely blogging people! They’re just wonderful. And I’m so excited to see their answers! Hehe.