Happy New Year’s everybody! I hope you all had a fun and safe NYE and are ready to dive into 2019! I absolutely cannot believe another year has already come and gone! Time seems to move faster and faster as the years go on. I truly don’t think I’ve ever felt like a year went by as quickly as 2018 did! It was a pretty crazy year for Charlie and I and they do say that time flies when you’re having fun… so I guess that explains it. 😉
Today, instead of doing my usual monthly roundup, I want reflect on some of my personal favorite highlights from 2018 that made it such a memorable year. I also want to share the 10 most read blog posts of the year (your favorites) because it’s always neat to look back and see what type of content gets you guys excited. But I also think it’s fun to see what you guys love reading and seeing versus what I enjoy creating so I’m going to share 10 of my favorite outfits from the year! So let’s take a look back, shall we?
April 2018: We bought our first house as a married couple
This was the day we closed on our house! Such a special, happy, and exciting milestone in our life together – one that I won’t forget. 🙂
May 2018: Got regrammed by LIKEtoKNOW.it
LIKEtoKNOW.it regrammed me and I thought I was going to die of excitement! It was a super random photo that I almost didn’t post so it just goes to show that not everything has to be completely groundbreaking. 🙂
June 2018: (Co)hosted my first ever blogger event
I co-hosted a “Style, Sip, and Shop” event at LOFT on Walnut Street in Philadelphia with Chelsea Finn of Organized Mess!
July 2018: I started blogging full time
This was the outfit I wore on my last day working at Nordstrom. 😛 Blogging full time has been a terrifying and challenging dream come true! I’m feeling very motivated for the year ahead.
August 2018: I donated my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths
I was wanting a change so I cut 9″ of my hair off and donated to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. And I’m still lovin’ my short locks!
October 2018: Tylenol allowed Charlie and I to share our story of life with Crohn’s
Charlie and I had the opportunity to share our of what life is like with Crohn’s Disease for both of us! It was an insanely incredible and special opportunity that we’ll never forget. The campaign didn’t launch until December but we interviewed and had a full camera crew in our house one day in October. Talk about surreal! This photo was one that we snapped during our shoot with Tylenol. 🙂
December 2018: Hit 1 million monthly viewers on Pinterest
I started focusing on growing my blog traffic through Pinterest around September and put a ton of time and effort into it. It paid off because I hit 1 MILLION monthly viewers on Pinterest in December and, once again, thought I was going to die of excitement!
In 2018, I also…
- Beat another Crohn’s Flare because I’m tough as nails.
- Made some absolutely incredible, talented, funny, and kind friends through blogging. I also hosted a holiday blogger potluck and had 18 beautiful ladies in my house all at once! Poor Charlie. 😉
- Had the honor of being a guest on my good friend Salaah’s newly launched podcast, Salaah’s Corner.
- Met my blog traffic goals for the year!
- Started focusing on and making strides in self love and self care.
- Launched my Style Crush series and featured some crazy stylish folks on the blog. Speaking of, I’ll be picking this series back up in the springtime when the weather warms up again. 😉
2018’s Top 10 Most Read Blog Posts
I’m not gonna lie to ya, I was really surprised by some (not all!) of the posts that showed up on this list but I’m super glad to know a little bit more about what you guys like to see over here on the blog! 😉
10. Cozy UGG Outfit
7. Slit Palazzo Pants (& when I announced that I took my blog full time! ;))
10 of my personal favorite blog posts (outfits only) from 2018
These are 10 of my personal favorite outfits that were shared on the blog this past year. A lot of them you guys really seemed to love as well while some of them surprisingly didn’t perform well. Totally fine because, again, I’m always learning about what you guys do and don’t like. 🙂 And honestly, sometimes it really can be the way the wind blows as to whether you saw my email, Instagram post, Pinterest pin, or what have you! Holidays impact blog traffic… anything can be a factor which is why I thought I would take this opportunity to revisit a few of my personal faves! 🙂
1. May 2018: How to Make Khaki Shorts Cute
2. May 2018: Pink Floral Maxi Dress
You guys loved this one as well and it is hands down one of my favorite shoots to date!
3. June 2018: Versatile Summer Piece: Black Linen Dress
4. September 2018: White Wide Legged Pants for Labor Day
5. September 2018: Casual Chic Fall Outfit
6. September 2018: Corduroy Skirt: The Most Popular Skirt for Fall
8. November 2018: Pairing a Leopard Print Sweater with Distressed Denim
9. November 2018: Styling the Baker Boy Hat Trend
10. December 2018: The Perfect Red Dress for the Holidays
So there’s a little look at my year in review! It was a special, exciting, happy, challenging and growth filled year. I learned so much over this past year. I worked hard, I played hard, I made myself proud and I disappointed myself. I learned more about my strengths and weaknesses in the last year than I feel like I have over the 20 plus years before. And for that I am grateful because I know what strengths to play on in 2019 and I also know the areas that I want to grow this year.
I hope you all had a wonderful year filled with growth, learning, proud moments and happy memories as well! And I hope you’re ready to head into 2019 to make some moves! I wish you all a very happy New Year! I can’t thank you enough for your incredible amounts of support this past year. I say it all the time but it’s so true that I couldn’t do it without you! I hope you guys enjoy what the next year has in store as well! As always, thanks for reading. 😉 So much love!