Hi everyone! Hope you’re settling back into reality with no problems. Coming back from a long weekend is so bittersweet. Yesterday, I celebrated my 26th birthday. My hubby spoiled me with a fun getaway to New York! We had a lot going on over the summer but we didn’t really get much time for the two of us, so it was nice to escape together for a little while. Love that guy-we always have the best time together.
Any who, I know there are some new faces over here in my little nook of the internet (thank you for joining me, btw-seriously means the world to me that you’re here!), so I thought I would re-introduce myself a bit. And my 26th birthday seemed like the perfect, corny segue into 26 things you may not know about me!
Photo by Ann Blake Photography
26 things you may not know about me
- I’m ridiculously clumsy. My dad always called me a bull in a china shop. Hahah!
- The first 3 months that Charlie and I were married we lived 8 hours apart.
- I’m chronically 5 minutes late to 90% of the things I do. It’s honestly a really bad habit that I need to spend some time working on. No pun intended. 😉
- I played piano for about 6 years growing up but I haven’t touched it in years. I have regrets about not sticking with it when I finished lessons!
- On the same token, I took Spanish for 8 years in school. I was one class away from a minor (why did I not take that one class?!) I used to understand it really well, but it’s true what they say-“use it or lose it,” and I’m slowly but surely losin’ it. 🙁
- I’m a night owl through and through. I’m happiest when I go to sleep around 1 or 2AM.
- I’m an introvert. People never believe me when I say this because they tend to think that “introverted” means “shy,” but that’s not the case. I’m a social and friendly person, it’s just that my mental and emotional energy come from quiet and alone time. That’s how I recharge.
- I’m a big Netflix junkie. Like a really big one.
- I worked at a video rental store for 5 years because yes, they do still exist, haha.
- I’m a really, really, really bad texter. Sometimes, it takes me weeks to text back. Anyone and everyone in my life can attest to that. (Refer to exhibit #7).
- I went to 4 different schools to complete my bachelor’s degree… 5 separate times. Talk about changing your major, ha! But I finished strong, ya’ll!
- There’s a 16 year age gap between me and my oldest sibling. I’m the baby of 5!
- I give myself a shot every other week and take 14 pills everyday. (For anyone who doesn’t know, I have Crohn’s Disease. If you’re interested, you can read more about my experiences with Crohn’s here 🙂 ).
- Most of my side of the family has pretty thick southern accents. Somehow mine is mostly neutral, though.
- I would be fine if I could only eat buffalo wings and Oreos for the rest of my life. I’d be incredibly unhealthy but I’d be fine, hahaha.
- I have 3 tattoos and want more. Sorry mom and dad.
- I WILL yell at you if you text, snap, insta, or whatever while you’re driving. Huge advocate for staying off your phone while you drive. (Stoplights get a pass :P). It’s so freaking dangerous, though! For you and everyone else on the road. Okay, mom lecture over. But seriously, don’t do it.
- “I’m not superstitious but I am a littlestitious.” First, name that show! Second, I actually think I might believe in jinxes a little bit. Is that weird?
- My all time favorite fruit is cantaloupe. I could eat it every single day, I swear.
- My hair is actually naturally stick straight but I curl it 99% of the time.
- Charlie is 7 years older than me.
- I struggle with depression and think that it’s so important to change the stigmas associated with mental health issues.
- My ring size is 4 and a half. Yes, I just turned 26… not 6, hahaha.
- I have really, really bad posture. I kind of hate it. Any tips on how to improve posture are happily welcomed!
- I always have music playing (even in the shower). I listen to anything from rap to pop to soft rock to chill-step. (Could the term “chill-step” sound anymore hipster?)
- Charlie and I collect elephant figurines. Whenever we travel somewhere new, we always bring an elephant home.
So there ya have it. 26 things you may not have known about me. I hope you got to know me a little better! Leave a comment below telling me one interesting and random fact about yourself! I want to get to know you guys better. 🙂