Hello and happy Thursday everyone! Today I’m doing something a little bit different on the blog and sharing some fun facts about myself. I’m still sharing a super cute dress that’s great for transitioning to fall 😛 but yesterday was my 28th birthday so this seems like a great time to share a few things about myself so that we can get to know each other a little better! So, here are 28 fun facts you may not know about me…
28 Fun Facts You May Not Know About Me
1. I went to 4 different colleges and it took me 6 years to earn my bachelor degree. Between constant health problems, taking a semester off and changing my major twice, I ended up transferring 3 times. I took the scenic route to graduating college and I wouldn’t change a thing.
2. All of my hangers have to match. Having mix-matched hangers in my closet drives me absolutely B O N K E R S.
3. I used to wash my hair every single day and now I only wash it about twice a week. I definitely went from one extreme to the other.
4. I have 3 tattoos. My tattoos always seem to shock people for some reason but I still want more.
5. Most of you probably know that I have Crohn’s Disease but you may not know that I give myself a 2 shots every week.
6. I don’t drink caffeine and haven’t had anything fully caffeinated in almost 6 years. I still drink decaf and eat chocolate so I’m not fully caffeine free but you get the point. A really bad Crohn’s flare led me to cut ties with caffeine and I never saw the point in going back to drinking it. Plus, I’m slightly terrified that my heart would explode if I drank caffeine after not having it for such a long time. 😜
7. I put lotion on my hands every. single. time I wash them. I can’t wash my hands and not put lotion on them, it makes me cringe. Even if I wash my hands while I’m cooking, I stop and put lotion on.
8. I don’t like roller coasters. They make me super duper nauseous.
9. I worked at a video rental store for 5 years (that also happens to be where I met my hubby) yet I still don’t know anything about movies. 🧐 I’ve always been much more of a TV buff and really just don’t watch movies.
10. I was a vegetarian… for 9 months. Crohn’s makes vegetarianism challenging. I don’t absorb nutrients properly so even with supplements I ended up in the hospital needing a blood transfusion. Needless to say, the doctor advised that I start eating meat again. So I did. 😏
11. I was the first of all my friends to get their driver’s license. All throughout school I was the oldest kid so I got my license before anyone else, which meant I drove all of my friends around. I secretly loved it. 😉 But it also meant that no one could go to the bars with me on my 21st birthday so it was definitely a trade off.
12. I got a perm one time, hated it, cried a lot and got my hair chemically straightened back two days later.
13. “I’m not superstitious but I am a little-stitious.” I believe in jinxes, knock on wood all of the time, and felt like I had to make this one number 13. 😮
14. I accidentally cooked pasta with dish soap. I’m actually a good cook, just for the record. This was the first time I ever cooked for my mother in law and I was mortified. Charlie and I were cooking pasta (one we’d made several times), there was an olive oil container so I put olive oil in the pan like I always do… turns out it was dish soap, not olive oil. Three bites in and we realized what had happened, went to KFC and called it a day. 🤦🏼♀️
15. I love gardening. I had a little flower bed when we still lived in NC. Once we moved, I missed gardening so much that I ended up with 9 house plants instead. Plants, flowers and soil just make me happy.
16. I wasn’t much of a trouble maker when I was a teenager but I did it big and got my first (and biggest) tattoo and my first (and only, knock on wood) speeding ticket all in one weekend while my parents were out of town. Safe to say I was in pretty big trouble after pulling that stunt. 😈
17. I had braces for 4 years. My teeth were alllll kinds of cockamamie. Like, I had to have 4 permanent teeth pulled before I could get braces kind of cockamamie. I was one of the first of my friends to get braces and the dead last to get them off. My mouth was truly a mess.
18. I’m 8 years younger than my hubby. Everyone is always surprised to learn we have such an age gap. But age is truly just a number.
19. I used to make mashup lip synch music videos with one of my best friends in high school. I really think we missed an opportunity to be famous YouTubers. 😎
20. I know nothing about sports. Literally nothing. I’m a “stereotypical” female in that regard. #goteam #sportsing
21. I’m a suuuper crappy texter. I don’t know why my friends and family still like me but thank goodness they do. I’m extremely introverted and I just struggle to muster up the energy to keep up with constant conversation with multiple people everyday. If you want to get in touch with me, call me. I’ll always call back.
22. I’m a nerd and almost every time I watch a new TV show I’m on IMDB trying to figure out what I recognize the actors from. 🤓
23. I took black & white film photography one semester in college and sucked at it. Now that I have more experience and a better understanding of manual photography, I’d love to try it again. I’m sure the darkroom would still be a challenge, though.
24. I’m t e r r i f i e d of vomit. The sound, the smell, literally even someone just mentioning being nauseous sends me into a panic. I’m a grown @$$ woman and I’ll plug my ears and turn my back to someone that says they feel sick. I have no clue what I’m going to do when Charlie and I have kids. 🙈
25. Halloween is a sentimental day to me. Halloween was a really unlucky day for me for years. I got in a really bad car accident one Halloween, the next Halloween I was in the middle of a 3 week hospital stay… the list goes on. But Charlie decided to give me a good memory one Halloween and proposed to me, so now I love Halloween. 🥰 You can read our engagement story here.
26. I have 3 piercings in each ear. I’m planning on getting a 4th later this year.
27. I’m a night owl through and through. If it were up to me, I’d go to sleep at 2am and wake up at 10am, but society says that’s not the way we should roll. 🙄
28. For a brief moment in time I really wanted to be a scene kid. My bff and I did the whole skinny jeans, deep v tees, hair parted basically by our ears thing and went to local “screamo” shows. Thank goodness there’s very little photographic evidence of that version of us. 😂
And voilà! 28 fun facts about me. I really tried to dig deep on these and truly find fun facts. It’s surprisingly hard to think of interesting things about yourself. I even recruited my parents, Charlie and my best friend for some help and they made it a lot a fun. I hope you guys enjoyed today’s post and feel like you know me a little bit better!
DRESS (c/o Chicwish), also available in black and white | SANDALS, similar here and here | PURSE | HAT | WATCH, similar here | EARRINGS, from a recent Rocksbox – get your first monthly totally FREE with code thesavvycamelxoxo | RINGS, here, here and here