Happy October friends and fam! September was a jam-packed month and absolutely flew by for me! Anyone else able to relate? Anyhow, I’m super excited that the weather is cooling down and fall is finally here to stay! Summer’s great if you’re by the pool or the ocean, but otherwise, I find it to be complete misery. I hate the heat, for real. So yeah, I’m one of those “I love fall gals” and I remain unashamed.
October is starting off super fun on day one! One of my best friends from high school is coming today to visit for a couple of days! I’m super excited to catch up with her and show her my new little home. I may even take her to show her where our townhome is going to be built! Still can’t get over the fact that we’re buying a house!
Anways! Here’s my September roundup of fashion including Insta posts. I know I have the shop page set up for you guys now, but I think the monthly roundups are still nice because it gives me a chance to share updated items that may have sold out over the month!
T-SHIRT, similar here and here | SHORTS, similar here | JACKET, similar here and here | BOOTIES, almost identical pair here (also available here), similar pair here | BAG (on sale for $28!) | EARRINGS, similar here | WATCH
Top 10 favorite shows on Netflix
These aren’t ranked in any particular order, but I wanted to share my top 10 favorite shows on Netflix. I am a huuuuge Netflix junkie, so I have my opinions, haha. And honestly, my list could go on for days, but I just stuck to my most recent and ongoing faves. (Seriously, it was really hard to choose just 10, haha.)
1. 13 Reasons Why: If you haven’t watched this yet, do it do it do it! It is so good. It’s very intense, dark, and vivid but it’s a very serious and relevant topic. I didn’t read the books, but I can say that show was perfectly cast and very well produced. I may or may not have watched it in less than a week…
2. How I Met Your Mother: I’ve honestly lost count of how many times I’ve watched this show through. This is probably my favorite show of all time. I can quote more of it than I’m proud of… wait, no, I’m not ashamed. I know this sounds corny, but I went through a rough depression in my early college days and HIMYM was one of the only things that made me laugh and feel a little less miserable. So now it just makes me feel all warm and cozy, hehe.
3. The Fall: Okay, I don’t know why this isn’t one of those super famous binge worthy shows, but it needs to be. So. Flippin’. Great. The short of it? It’s about a detective superintendent who is studying and hunting a serial killer who’s taunting her throughout the whole process. Charlie and I got hooked on this in the first 10 minutes. It’s perfectly casted, great character development, and absolute perfect story telling. Well worth the watch!
4. Friends: I mean, do I need to explain this one? But, while we’re on the subject… I have to be honest and tell you that I just watched Friends for the first time this year. I know. What rock was I living under? Thank goodness for a husband who Netflixed some sense into me.
5. Ozark: DUDE. How awesome was Jason Bateman in this?! Totally different roll for him and he freakin’ nailed it! This was another intense one, but absolutely fantastic. I couldn’t turn it off. It definitely distracted me from work for a good week. Already waiting for season 2 to be announced.
6. New Girl: I love New Girl for so many reasons. Zooey Deschanel is the absolute cutest! I keep telling Charlie that he should watch it with me but he’s convinced it’s a girly show. Is it a girly show? I don’t really even know. Any guys out there get down to some New Girl?
7. Stranger Things: I NEVER enjoy sci-fi, but this? This was absolutely phenomenal. It’s one of those that’s hard to describe without giving too much away, though. So if you haven’t watch it, do yourself a favor and fix that! It shouldn’t take more than a day because you’re gonna cringe at thought of turning it off. (Who’s ready for October 27th?!?!)
8. Mad Men: Mad Mennnnn! Mad Men was one of the very first shows that I watched from beginning to end (along side Weeds) that curated my love for the art of television. I’m kind of joking because what a pretentiously unpretentious thing to say… but I’m also kind of not, hehe. This is such a fantastic show! It’s a slower paced show but it’s because it’s so well detailed!
9. That 70’s Show: I don’t think that this is one of the most highly praised sitcoms of all time but I love it nonetheless. It’s a classic, let’s be real. We all know what happens in the circle. And look at some of the amazing actors that came from this show! Seriously!
10. Grey’s Anatomy: Say what you will, but I love me some Grey’s. Not much more to say than that. There’s always something to keep you hooked-the kind of drama that you don’t have to feel shameful about watching. Shonda’s a pro for a reason. And we’re on season 14 now? I meaaaan, shows don’t last that long for the fun of it.
Like I said, my list could go on and on. The Office, Shameless, Dexter, Narcos, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development… just to name a few others. Hehe. What are some of your favorite Netflix shows?! I’m in the market for a new one (looking for something with drama and/or intensity) so if there’s anything you think I should check out, let me know!
Hope you guys enjoyed September’s roundup! Here’s to cooler weather and a new month!